Just two months to go to until submissions open for the Born Digital Wine Awards 2019!
Do you publish amazing wine-focused content online? Then you have another 2 months left to get your best work out there! Text, video, podcasts and photos – we accept a variety of mediums and for your work to be eligible for the 2019 edition of the Born Digital Wine Awards by Vinventions, it must be published by 30thNovember at the latest.
BDWA by Vinventions is the ONLY wine-focused competition accepting entries in a variety of mediums and languages and this will be our 8thedition to date!
Here’s a reminder of the categories that we’ll be accepting entries for in December:
- Best Opinion / Editorial Writing: Tell us your story in the wine business
- Best Food & Wine Content: Restaurant reviews, recipes, wine and food pairing – put wine in its place next to food and make us crave that combination
- Best Tourism Content with a Focus on Wine: Put wine in its geographical and cultural context and make us want to travel to the wine-making regions you uncover
- Best Interview: Getting someone else’s story to the forefront in an honest and interesting way is a real skill, let someone else be the storyteller through your work
- Best Visual Storytelling: In a series of images or a short video, tell your story about any aspect of the wine business, from terroir to the business of wine, an image says a thousand words
- Sustainability Prize: We award this prize to any work which highlights practices of sustainability in the wine industry
- Innovation Prize: Special award from Vinventions for projects which are changing our business
Published texts in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese are accepted. Any podcasts and videos in any other language than English accompanied by an English transcript, just to give our panel of international judges a helping hand when assessing the finalists.
Work must have been published online between 1stDecember 2018 and 30thNovember 2019. The competition is not open to articles which were only published in printed media.
Submissions will open on 1stDecember 2019 and stay open until the end of the month. Winners will take home financial awards and special prizes!
Watch this space for more info and in the meantime, get publishing!